Serves up to 3
- Red Onion, julienne – 1 weighted ounce
- Roma Tomato, quartered – 3 each
- Balsamic Vinaigrette (see below) – 4 fluid ounces
- Baby Spinach – 4 weighted ounces
- Pecans, medium pieces – 1 weighted ounce
- Goat Cheese – 2 weighted ounces
- Place julienned red onion and quartered tomato wedges in a microwavable bowl.
- Stir Balsamic Vinaigrette and then ladle evenly over the tomatoes and onions.
- Microwave the ingredients for 1 minute.
- Place the spinach in a mixing bowl and pour the warmed tomatoes, onions and vinaigrette over the top.
- Gently toss all the ingredients together.
- Place the salad in a bowl making sure the onions and tomato are visible.
- Sprinkle the pecans over the salad.
- Break the goat cheese into small pieces, place evenly over the salad, and serve!
To really duplicate the vibrant, powerful flavor of Buca di Beppo, use the following recipes for the Warm Tomato Spinach Salad!
To make Balsamic Vinaigrette, place 8oz of balsamic vinegar in a mixing bowl. Dissolve 2oz of brown sugar into the vinegar and then slowly whisk in 16oz of olive oil. Once the oil is incorporated and the dressing has emulsified, stir in 2oz of chopped garlic. Hold the dressing cold until needed.
For spiced, toasted pecans, place pecans in a mixing bowl and lightly drizzle with melted butter. Season to taste with brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and cayenne pepper. Mix well and then toast in the oven till the pecans are slightly crunchy. Allow to cool before using in the salad.