The Penne Basilica at Buca di Beppo has tender strips of chicken breast and broccoli florets in a light pesto cream sauce.
- 16 pound of penne pasta, cooked
- 2 cups of broccoli florets, cooked
- 4-6 boneless chicken breast halves
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 Tablespoons of olive oil or butter
- 1 1/4 cups of heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 Tablespoons of pesto
- 3 Tablespoons of diced sun-dried tomatoes
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the chicken breasts into strips and add salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, add olive oil and sauté sliced chicken breasts untilbarely done.
- Remove from pan to a plate.
- Add olive oil to the skillet and the minced garlic. Stir until garlic is very fragrant, but do not brown.
- Add the cream, chicken broth, broccoli, pesto, and sun dried tomatoes. Bring to a low simmer and add chicken back to pan. Simmer only until sauce is slightly thickened, as it will thicken more after the pasta is added in.
- Add the cooked pasta and toss thoroughly.