The Fettuccine Supremo at Buca di Beppo is Chicken Fettucine Alfredo with Broccoli and Carrots. This recipe shows you how to make homemade alfredo sauce.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta, cooked
- 1-2 cups broccoli florets
- 1-2 cups carrot, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- black pepper, freshly grated
- parmigiano-reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 (8 ounce) packages Philadelphia Cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 3 cups milk
- 9 ounces parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- To make the Alfredo sauce ,melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth.
- Add the milk, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out any lumps. 4) Stir in Parmesan cheese and pepper.
- Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency. 6) Sauce will thicken rapidly, so thin with milk if cooked too long.
- In a saucepan, cook broccoli florets, carrots, and red bell pepper in boiling water until tender, about 3-5 minutes. Drain.
- Grill the chicken breasts in a lightly oiled skillet and season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and slice into bite sized pieces. Keep warm.
- Toss hot pasta together with sauce, broccoli, carrots, bell peppers and chicken and serve piping hot.
- Garnish with a little extra Parmigiano sprinkled on top.