This site provides a video cooking demonstration from the Chef at Bucca di Beppo with detail on how to make chicken carbonara pasta.
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 8 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken strips
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups Alfredo sauce (see recipe)
- 2/3 cup of peas
- black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds cooked spaghetti
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat until very hot.
- Add the prosciutto slices, and sauté until the prosciutto starts to brown and has bubbly white caps.
- Add the chopped garlic and sauté just long enough for the garlic to begin to caramelize.
- Add the chicken, cream and Alfredo sauce, and slowly bring the sauce to a simmer.
- Add the peas and season with black pepper.
- Cook until the sauce thickens slightly and the chicken is hot.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the sauce and incorporate well
- To make the alfredo sauce, heat the cream over medium heat until reduced by a third.
- Add the softened butter, stirring constantly, then incorporate the cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.