The Chicken Cacciatore served at Buca di Beppo Restaurant contains boneless strips of chicken breast cooked in a chunky red sauce flavored with mushrooms, capers and Chianti wine. This is an original recipe from one of the chefs at the restaurant.
- 1 baked chicken
- 5 ounces of red onions, sliced
- 1 ounce of capers
- 7 ounces of mushrooms, quartered
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 3 ounces of sherry
- 16 ounces of marinara sauce
- 3 ounces of olive oil
- 1 ounce of garlic, minced
- Bake the chicken in a 360 degree F oven until cooked completely through and golden brown in color.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan, heat olive oil. Add garlic, onions, and mushrooms.
- Sauté until the onions become tender.
- Add the capers, oregano, and sherry. Once half the sherry has cooked out, add the marinara sauce and reduce by a third.
- On a large platter, place a ring of mashed potatoes just inside the rim.
- Place chicken on the potatoes. Top the chicken with the sauce.