- 1 pound of fresh green beans
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 2 medium lemons, the juices
- salt, to taste
Prepare the green beans by clipping off the stem end.
- Melt the butter in a sauté pan on low heat.
- Squeeze the juice out of two medium-size lemons. Strain the pulp and the seeds out of the lemon juice.
- When butter is melted, carefully add the lemon juice to the pan. Raise the temperature to medium and reduce until the lemon juice and butter become a sauce. Do not brown the butter.
- Place the clipped, fresh green beans in boiling water for two to three minutes. Do not overcook. The green beans should remain crisp.
- Strain the green beans and add to the sauce in the sauté pan.
- Toss the green beans in the sauce and season with salt to taste. Serve immediately.