This simple salad from Buca di Beppo is really easy to re-create at home and this site will give you the restaurant copycat recipe.
- 8 ounces of Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of Gorgonzola Cheese, crumbles
- 2 ounces of walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup of cranberries, dried
- 1/2 cup of Italian vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup of white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 teaspoon of oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of dry mustard
- 1/8 cup of red onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon if garlic, chopped
- A pinch of black pepper
- Wash and dry the lettuce in a colander.
- Chop the lettuce into 1 inch thick slices.
- Slice off 2 sides on an apple along the side of the core.
- Cut long slices for garnish.
- Remove the core and dice the rest of the apple.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl.
- Pour over the lettuce.
- Add the apples, walnuts, cranberries and cheese.
- Toss well.
- Place and garnish with remaining sliced apples.